1. He gave me a very good advice yesterday.
句中的a要去掉，因为advice是不可数名词。一些汉语概念为可数的词在英语中却是不可数的，表示数量时在其前加a piece of，类似的词有：news, bread, work, paper, chalk, furniture, information等等。
2. That girl loves reading book.
3. He went into a book’s shop and bought a dictionary.
一般表示有生命的东西的名词的所有格用’s，如my mother’s car，而此处适宜用名词修饰名词，改为a book shop。
4. My family is watching TV.
一些集合名词如看成一个整体，则用单数的谓语动词，如My family is a happy one; 如强调集合中每个个体的个人行为，则用复数的谓语动词。此处看电视是个体行为，应把is改为are。类似的词有：team,class, audience等。
5. I bought some potatos and tomatos at the supermarket.
中学阶段以“o”结尾的名词中有四个词变复数时要加es，它们是tomato, potato, Negro, hero。其余的都加s变为复数。
6. This has nothing to do with their believes.（这和他们的信仰没关系。）
以f, fe结尾的词变为复数时一般去f, fe加ves，如knife—knives, thief—thieves。而roof和belief直接加s变为复数。所以应把believes改为beliefs。
7. The boss wants to hire an useful person.
用a还是an，取决于后面单词的第一个音标，如为元音用an，为辅音用a。useful的第一个音是辅音所以应把an改为a。类似的，我们说a European country。
8. Plane is a machine that can fly.
Plane为可数名词单数，不能单独放在句中，应在其前加冠词或把它变为复数，而本句后有a machine，因此只能在其前面加a，变为A plane。
9. He played a piano at the party yesterday.
10. The machine was invented in 1920s.
在in后加the，因为表示年代用in加the再加几十的复数，如在八十年代in the 80s。
11. Xiao Hong went to school by the bus every day.
12. He is one of those speakers who make his ideas perfectly clear.
13. Whom do you think has left the lights on?
放在疑问句特殊疑问词后的do you think / believe / guess / imagine / suppose等都不参与句子成分，把它们去掉后，疑问词在句中做主语用主格，做宾语用宾格。本句中去掉do you think后缺的是主语，应把Whom改为Who。
14. The boss pretended not to see John and I.
15. These books are mine; those in the bag are her.
16. There are fourteen hundreds students in our school.
Hundred / thousand / million / score/ dozen等词前有具体数字时后不加s，前面没有具体数字时在其后加s和of，表示大约几百几千的概念。如two hundred students（两百个学生），hundreds of students（成百上千个学生）。例句中应把hundreds改为hundred。
17. Their school is twice as larger as our school.
18. Today’s homework is a five-hundred-words composition.
19. Two third of the students in our school are from America.
20. The patient appeared nervously when he talked to the doctor.
21. The artist worked hardly to finish his drawings on time.
22. This shirt is more cheaper than that one.
23. He is the most successful of the two businessmen.
24. He works less harder than he used to.
25. The book is fairly more interesting than that one.
fairly只能修饰形容词和副词的原级，可以修饰比较级的副词或短语有：much, even, still, far, a lot, a little, a bit, any, no, by far, rather等，因
26. This is as an interesting a story as the one in the magazine.
as… as中间的词序是as加上形容词加上a(n)加上名词再加上as，因此应改为as interesting a story as the one。
27. The weather here is nicer than Xizang.
同样的事物才能相比较，weather和Xizang不具有可比性，因此应改为The weather here is nicer than that of Xizang.
28. I would rather take a train than went by bus.
这个词组为would rather do … than do …，因此把went改为go。
29. Is there interesting anything at the meeting?
修饰anything, something, every-thing, nothing的形容词都要放在它们的后面。
30. I never have seen such a person before.
像never之类的副词在句中应放在be动词、助动词之后，实意动词之前。因为应改为I have never seen such a person before.
31. The book is worth to be read.
beworth doing 意为值得被做。因此改为The book is worth reading.
32. It is sure that he will succeed.
33. He is regarded as one of the best alive writers at present.
34. I don’t know that he has finished the work yet.
35. He said nearly nothing at the meeting.
36. He usually goes to school by his father’s car.
by加上名词表示一种交通方式，中间什么都不加，如by car, by bus, by plane等；如果名词前有其他的词修饰，则应除by以外的其他介词，此处把by改为in。
37. Please wait me at the school gate.
38. He has been married with Betty for more than twenty years.
39. I finished the work on time under the help of him.
40. He can be at home now because the light in his room is still on.
41. He need come here before the meeting begins.
作情态动词时need用在否定，疑问和条件句中，不能用于肯定句中，而作实意动词时则可以。所以应改为：He needs to come here before the meeting begins.
42. He used to get up very early in the morning, and now he is still doing so.
usedto 用来表示过去常常做某事而现在不了，所以应把后半句改为：but now he is not doing so。
43. I needn’t come yesterday because all the work had been finished.
由于情态动词本身不体现时态，所以在谈论过去的事情时在情态动词后加 have done，因此在needn’t后加have。
44. You hadn’t better stay up too late because you have to get up early tomorrow.
45. I will tell her about that when she will come tomorrow.
46. The meeting is about to begin in ten minutes.
beabout to 一般不与具体的时间状语连用。因此把 in ten minutes 去掉。
47. The boy opened his eyes for a moment, looking at the captain and then died.
48. I have bought this bike for ten years and I am still using it now.
49. I haven’t learnt any English before I came here.
50. The two thieves have been disappeared.
51. The building built now will be our teaching building.
52. He is being operated by the famous doctor.
主动语态变为被动语态时，应注意短语动词的完整性，别忘了介词或副词。“给…做手术”应为operate on sb，所以在operated后加上on。
53. I wonder if the doctor has been sent.
54. The book written by him is sold well.
bookwritten by him sells well.
55. This history book is worthy reading.
“值得被做”可以有如下几种说法：be worth doing; be worthy of being done; be worthy to be done. 因此本句应该为：This history book is worthy to be read.
56. We are going to talk about the problem discussing at the last meeting.
57. The girl dressed herself in red is my sister.
58. Being seriously ill, his class-mates sent him to hospital.
分词作状语时，其逻辑主语为这句话的主语，此句应为“因为他病了，他的同学才把他送到医院去”，因此把前半句改为：He being seriously ill.
59. Having not seen her for many years, we could hardly recognize her.
现在分词的否定应把not放在现在分词前面，所以前半句应改为：Not having seen her formany years.
60. Seeing from the space, the earth looks like a ball.
61. English is easy to learn it.
62. I will get somebody repair the recorder for you.
“让某人做某事”可以有以下几种表达法：make sb do sth; have sb do sth; get sb to sth. 因此在repair 前加to。
63. She decided to work harder in order to not fall behind the others.
不定式的否定把not放在to前面。因此应改为：She decided to work harder in order not to fall behind the others.
64. It’s better to laugh than crying.
表比较时比较的双方应为同种结构，或都是名词或都是不定式。因此有两种改法：It’s better to laugh than to cry 或 It’s better laughing than crying.
65. It’s no use to send for the doctor.
做某事是没用的要说成It’s no use doing，所以把to send 改为sending。
66. She practices to play the piano after school every day.
practise后只跟动名词作宾语，因此把to play 改为playing。
67. When the teacher came in, he stopped listening to the teacher.
stopdoing 为停止做这件事，而stop to do 为停下来正在做的事去做这件事。所以后半句应该为：hestopped to listen to the teacher。
68. We are talking about if this plan should be carried out.
69. I can not decide if to stay or not.
70. My suggestion is we try for a second time.
71. What will the professor say is not known yet.
名词性从句的语序都是陈述句语序。因此应改为：What the professor will say is not known yet.
72. I will go unless he invites me.
此句意为“除非他邀请我，否则我不去。”而unless相当于if not，所以本句应改成：I won’t go unless he invites me。
73. Although he tried, but he still couldn’t keep up with the others.
74. I won’t stay until he comes back.
含有not…until的句子的谓语动词应是点动词，含有until的肯定句的动词应是延续性动词，此句有两种改法：I will stayuntil he comes back.或I won’tleave until he comes back.
75. An orphan is a child who’s parents are dead.
76. This is the very thing which I lost yesterday.
如果先行词为物且前有the only, the last, the very修饰时，定语从句的引导词只能用that。
77. This is the car for that I paid a high price.
78. She is one of the students who has passed the exam.
定语从句修饰one of加上复数名词时，复数名词是定语从句的先行词，因此把 has改为have。
79. This is the place where we visited last year.
80. I, who is your friend, can understand you.
81. China is a developing country, that is known to all.
82. The poet and writer are invited to give a speech at the meeting.
83. No one except my parents know it.
主语后加except再加上若干数量的名词，谓语动词和主语保持一致。所以把know改为knows。类似的用法的词或短语有：but, besides, with,together with, along with, as well as等等。
84. Your clothes is on the table over there.
85. The number of the students in that school are about one thousand.
86. The class was watching TV when I entered the room.
87. The population of our country are increasing slowly now.
population单独作主语谓语动词经常用单数；如果其前有分数或百分数，而且后面又有复数名词时谓语动词用复数。如：One fifth of the Chinese population are workers. 此处把are改为is。
88. No sooner he had reached the station than the train left.
nosooner 为否定副词，放于句首时句子要部分倒装，因此此句应改为：No sooner had he reached the station than the train left.
89. Here comes he.
here放于句首时，句子主谓要完全倒装，但句子主语为代词时，则主谓不倒装。此句应改为：Here he comes。
90. A child as he is, he can speak five languages.
用as引导让步状语从句，可把形容词、副词和不带冠词的名词放于as前。所以前半句改为：Child as he is...
91. She would have come if we invited her.
92. My suggestion is that we would send a few people to help them.
suggestion的表语从句也应用虚拟语气，必须用should加动词原形，should可以省略。此处去掉would 或把would 改为should。
93. The secretary wishes that she has time to type the letter now.
94. It’s time that we go to bed.
句式为It’s time sb did sth，所以把go改为went。
95. I would rather you have another try tomorrow.
词组为would rather sb did sth. 所以把have改为had。
96. There are a bag and several books on the table.
Therebe 句式遵循谓语动词就近原则，a bag为单数，所以把are改为is。
97. There were several people stood at the back of the room.
98. We almost have written twenty compositions this term.
99. The girl has beautiful, silky hair who lives high in the mountains.
定语从句应紧跟先行词，所以改为：The girl, who lives high in the mountains, has beautiful, silky hair.